The Daily Devotional Guide
with Patrick Henry Reardon
Subscribe today! (Print and ePub download)
An invaluable worship aid . . .
• For private or family devotions.
• A practical way to get into the habit of Bible reading.
• Ideal for students, chaplains, pastors, laymen, counselors, and churches.
• Extensive notes on the books of the Bible, biblical figures, and the saints, with seasonal, weekly, and holy day themes, written by Patrick Henry Reardon. An Orthodox priest, Reardon is a former professor of Holy Scripture at two Episcopal seminaries, and an alumnus of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome.
• A program of daily chapter readings covering the entire Bible in two years, a manageable pace.
• Morning and evening Psalms, with general and intercessory prayers, plus informative notes, instructions, and commentary on the church's lectionary and liturgical life.
What are readers saying about The Daily Devotional Guide with Patrick Henry Reardon:
The daily readings, along with Father Patrick Henry Reardon's commentary in the Devotional Guide and in his books (from which the commentaries seem to be taken) guide us well in our life of prayer and contemplation. They help us to follow the seasons of the church year in our homes much as participating in the services of Orthros and Vespers do. The DDG is a great gift to those of us struggling to seek the Lord.
—Niki Hatzilambrou Flanders
The Readings in the Daily Devotional Guide are arranged with these goals in mind:
• That some section of the Gospels be read every day.
• That every part of the New Testament be read at least once every year.
• That the entire Old Testament be read over each two-year period.
• That certain readings of the Holy Scriptures occasionally be juxtaposed in order for them to throw light on one another.
• That a certain respect be shown to the ancient lectionary traditions of the churches, according to which certain parts of Holy Scripture are normally read during certain seasons.
• That special consideration be given to the Book of Psalms as a normal component of daily Christian prayer.
To subscribe by phone, call toll-free 1-773-481-1090.
To subscribe by mail, complete and return this form.
Also be sure to visit the Daily Reflections blog.
Exclusively published to the Touchstone website each week, these Daily Reflections are brief commentaries on the lectionary readings contained in the St. James Daily Devotional Guide. The reflections are penned by Patrick Henry Reardon, editor of The Daily Devotional Guide and a senior editor of Touchstone. Father Reardon provides here a very brief directional clue for one of the texts each day. Long-time readers of The Daily Devotional Guide will find these reflections an additional help to their reading of Holy Scripture which they can print and keep with their Guide.
The Fellowship of St. James publications: Follow us online!
In Christ All Sinners Are Truly Made New
Marriage Lite or the New Concubinage?
on the Problem of Preaching About "Responsible Parenthood"
Dr. Eric Hedin & the Contested Boundaries of Science
The Great Epics Are Theological & Mark the Hard Path to Beatitude
An Interview with Star Parker